By sending an item of property to Loan Lenders Pty Ltd trading as Loan Lenders, you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions (“Service Agreement”):
Loan Lenders Pty Ltd trading as Loan Lender is Australia’s first pawnbroker to lend to people via the internet. Our company ABN is 12 141 444 886, Queensland Second hand dealer & Pawnbroker license number is 3384812; our registered office is at P.O Box 3864, South Brisbane, QLD 4101.
- We lend fixed sums of money on a secured basis at a fixed interest rate over a fixed period of time. Any loan is subject to approving your application and you signing a formal credit agreement online at www.loanlend.com.au. The credit agreement contains other information that we are obliged to supply to you, including the duration of the loan, monthly interest amount, and any charges that may be payable under the credit agreement.
- We can also arrange for shipping the item of your own property that you wish to use as security for your loan (“Your Property”). You warrant and represent that you have good and marketable title to Your Property, free of all encumbrances of any kind, and you are not under the age of 18 years.
- By choosing Loan Lender’s pre-paid shipping service, you are authorising us to act for you in appointing on your behalf a shipping agent to ship Your Property to and from our premises for the purposes of further appraisal by our valuers in accordance with the terms of this Service Agreement.
- Loan Lenders provides basic packaging for your items which comprises a padded envelope inside a prepaid courier satchel. It is your responsibility to ensure that your items are securely and appropriately packaged, including the use of additional and/or item specific packaging. Loan Lenders cannot be held responsible for damage to items sent in inappropriate packaging.
- Our nominee to act as your shipping agent for Your Property is Fastway. Our insurers provide insurance cover for loss or damage to Your Property in transit up to a market replacement value of $20.000. If you think the market replacement value of your goods is more than $20,000, it is your sole responsibility to take out your own insurance. If you choose to despatch goods of a replacement value exceeding $20,000 via the pre-paid Satchel through Fastway without arranging any additional insurance cover, you agree that you are doing this at your own risk, and that you will have no claim on us and/or Australia Air Express for any amount (subject to average) of the replacement value of any goods lost, damaged or devalued in any way in the course of Fastway’s service.
- It is your responsibility to obtain and retain a receipt for shipping from the shipping agent. This receipt should include a unique tracking code. This receipt is required for any insurance claim. You must also ensure that you can produce photograph(s) of Your Property as well as at least one document per item which will prove ownership and the current replacement value of Your Property. Please note that it is your responsibility to keep safe all documentation relating to Your Property that would be useful in support of an insurance claim, including, but not limited to any purchase receipts, shipping receipts, certificates, valuations, insurance documents or photos. Please note the following clause [from the Lloyds of London insurance claim processes]: “Lloyds of London needs to ensure that unwarranted claims are not made and as such it retains the right to request further information from the claimant and to refuse claims that it suspects are unwarranted”.
- Subject to the terms of Clause 4 above, you agree that we are not liable in any way if our insurers refuse any insurance claims in relation to Your Property.
- On receiving Your Property from you, we inspect the item(s), and compare Your Property to the original description supplied by you, in order to confirm that they match. We value Your Property in good faith, according to accepted industry standards and prevailing market rates, and on the assumption that the description provided by you is completely accurate. Should Your Property vary from the original description in a manner which affects the valuation, we may, in our absolute discretion, decline to make an offer or make an offer to you that is higher or lower than the initial indication given to you for any reason, including but not limited to any difference in the actual quality of Your Property compared with our understanding of your original description or changes in the market for such item(s). Any offer that we make to you is subject to us being able to formally identify you, and you signing a formal credit agreement online at www.loanlend.comau.
- Under Copyright and Counterfeit Goods legislation, we are obliged to destroy any replica branded watches we receive. As such, we are unable to return any replica branded watches received.
- Under Australian Hallmarking legislation, we are obliged to destroy any items carrying fraudulent Hallmarks, or items carrying Hallmarks that make up a part of pieces that are intended to deceive.
- To determine the purity (carat) of gold items, we will first look at any hallmarking on pieces. For non hallmarked items, or if there is any question of the veracity of markings or hallmarking, we may have to test pieces using either acid or an electronic test. You accept that the process of appraisal of your items may result in tarnishing, staining and/or scratches.
- If you chose not to accept your offer or we are unable to loan against your items, we will despatch them back to you within 5 working days of receipt. You will receive email confirmation of despatch, including your unique tracking code, on the day of despatch.
- Any shipment of a value beneath our minimum transaction value of $250 will be returned by Registered Australia Post, a signed for service. For this purpose, the value is as determined by Loan Lenders valuers’.
- Should any insurance claim arise out of any loss or damage suffered in shipping Your Property back to you, the replacement value(s) claimed will be according to our valuation of Your Property as described in Clause 9 below, whether you accept any loan offer or not.
- You are responsible for any telecommunications charges or other network charges for the time you spend accessing www.loanlend.com.au or calling us.
- The laws of Queensland, Australia, are taken as the basis for the establishment of relations with you prior to the conclusion of the distance credit agreement, and govern the shipping terms and the credit agreement. We and you submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Australian courts.
- This document, the shipping terms and any credit agreement are in the English language. We undertake to communicate with you in English during the duration of the loan application process and any loan you enter into. The information contained in this Pre-contract disclosure is only valid in respect of the proposed loan application and during the term of any ensuing loan.
- If you want to make a complaint about the lending process, shipping or the loan you can email email@example.com, with brief details of your complaint and your account number. Our Customer Service staff will acknowledge your complaint by email within 1 business day. They will investigate and send you a response, having had access to an officer with the authority to settle the complaint (including, where appropriate, an offer of redress). Where appropriate, the member of staff investigating the complaint will not be any staff member who was directly involved in the subject matter of the complaint. This should take no longer than five business days, but most complaints may well be resolved by close of business on the business day after the complaint is received. If the complaint is not resolved by close of business on the business day after the complaint is received, we will send you a copy of this complaints handling procedure.
- While we will provide you with information that we have to help you in any dispute or claim that you may have with your own shipping agent, we cannot be held liable for any failure in the agent’s performance of its obligations to you.
- If any part of this Service Agreement that is not fundamental is found to be illegal or unenforceable, such finding will not affect the validity or enforceability of the remainder of the Service Agreement.
- You agree that all documents that we are entitled to send you electronically may be delivered to you at the latest email address you gave us.
- Unless otherwise acknowledged by us, all proprietary and other intellectual property rights (including copyright, trade mark, design right) in Loan Lenders website, privacy statement, loans agreement and all other related documents belong to us.
If you have any questions in relation to our Terms and Conditions, you can contact us in the following ways:
T: (07) 5531 1422
F: (07) 5531 1466
Mail: P.O Box 10777, Southport BC, QLD 4215